Wednesday, March 23, 2016

CROSS Sighting #7


"Father, into your hands I commend my spirit."  (Luke 23: 46)

Prayer:
 On this day, dear Jesus, when I remember how you hung on a cross - beaten, torn, despised, mocked, betrayed - I am reminded of your ultimate sacrifice - your life for mine.  It was here on this cross that you gave yourself up - trusting in the sovereignty of God, the Father, completely giving up your spirit into the hands of the Father.

How can I thank you for what you have done for me but to also give my life over to you in complete trust - trusting in your unfailing love and mercy to be the redeemer of my life and of the whole world.

By your holy cross, I am redeemed. 
Bless you, O Lord, for redeeming me. 


You are invited to take a strip of purple cloth and tie it to the cross, symbolizing the tying of your sins to the cross - the giving up of your life into the hands of Jesus who is the redeemer of the world.


OTHER ACTIVITIES @ THE BRIDGE THIS WEEK:

Labyrinth prayer walk Located across the side street from the Bridge at Domain in the grassy area.  (See map!)

Thursday @ 6:30pm: Jewish Seder Meal with Christian Understanding

Friday @ 9:30am: EASTER Storytime with the children including Easter activities and crafts.

Friday @ 3pm: Biblical Reading of the Passion Story

Friday @ 7pm: Good Friday Prayer Around the Cross

SUNDAY @ 6:53 AM: Easter Sunrise Gathering
 
Bring a lawn chair and blanket if the weather warrants! Breakfast will follow!

1 comment:

  1. Holy Father, thank you for forgiving me in my daily walk. I pray for renewal today and all the days of my life.

    Thanks for everyone making this an Awesome Good Friday

    ReplyDelete