Wednesday, March 23, 2016

CROSS Sighting #3






“Woman, here is your son... Here is your mother.”  (John 19: 26-27)

 Prayer:
On this day, dear Jesus, when I remember how you hung on a cross - beaten, torn, despised, mocked, betrayed - I am reminded that you did not think about yourself and the suffering you endured.  Rather, you made sure that your children would share the same love that you have first loved us with.  You took care of me and commanded me to take care of another.  Just as these paths intersect, so have your outstretched arms connected me to my brother, my sister, my mother, my father, my neighbor, and the stranger.   


Let me love as you have loved me.  Teach me how to reach out my arms to connect with the other and intersect our lives.  Show me how to embrace the one left behind. 


By your holy cross, I am redeemed. 
Bless you, O Lord, for redeeming me.












1 comment:

  1. We are redeemable only by Christ and His ultimate sacrifice on the cross. Praises to Him

    ReplyDelete